PARKS & PLACES
Being a stay-at-home mom is one of the most rewarding and challenging jobs we will ever be given. Unfortunately, at times it can also be isolating– but it doesn’t have to be! Each month our activity calendar includes opportunities for you and your children to meet new friends and have fun together. There are park days, playgroups, arts and crafts, local educational trips and much more. We also participate in community service that benefits mothers and children in our area.
And– the more you put into the club, the more you (and everyone else!) will get out of it.
Members are encouraged to suggest and/or host events- so if you know of something interesting in the community and want company, post about it! There might be other moms who would love to join you!
Our members also have the option to participate in our online private Facebook group to plan activities, share photos and information, discuss whatever is on our minds, and ask each other questions. To join the Facebook group, please fill out a membership application and make a request to join.
Sample Club Activities
Park play days, local educational trips, monthly newsletter/activities calendar, playgroups, arts & crafts, moms and kids lunches, Moms’ Night Out (MNO), monthly meetings, community service that benefits children, and much more.
- Elmwood Park Zoo (Norristown, PA. Has playground. Small, but great for little kids. Lots of rescued animals.)
- Philadelphia Zoo (42 acres and 1300+ animals- has outdoor children’s play area & small petting zoo with goats as well as indoor “Treehouse” play area for zoo members only.)
- Milky Way Farm & Ice Cream (Chester Springs, PA. Tours available.)
- Norview Farm & Petrucci’s Ice Cream (Working farm complete with a plant nursery, mini farm and ice cream shop.)
- Ryerss Farm (Farm that cares for rescued or retired horses)
- Springton Manor Farm (Glenmoore, PA. Free. Often has baby animals in spring.)
- Merrymead Farm (Lansdale, PA. Working dairy farm and farm market.)
- Highland Orchards (West Chester, PA. Offers pick-your-own crops.)
- Linvilla Orchards (Media, PA. Offers pick-your-own crops.)
- Sugartown Strawberries (Malvern, PA)
- Longwood Gardens (Kennett Square, PA. 1000+ acre botanical garden. Children’s area in conservatory.)
- Chanticleer Garden (Wayne, PA. 35 acres of gardens.)
- Jenkins Arboretum (Devon, PA)
- Tyler Arboretum (Media, PA)
- Ridley Creek State Park
- Valley Forge National Historical Park (King of Prussia, PA. Site of a Revolutionary War encampment, lots of trails.)
- Cedar Hollow Preserve (Malvern, PA. 67 acres of meadows, woods, rock formations, large sycamore, ruins, Cedar Hollow Run, and extensive trail system.)
- Okehocking Preserve (Newtown Square, PA. 180 acres of meadows, uplands, wetlands, Ridley Creek, woods, and trails.)
- Kirkwood Preserve (Most 83-acre Kirkwood Preserve is grassland. Also contains pedestrian and equestrian trails and a half-mile stretch of Crum Creek.)
- Rubino Park (360 Old Lincoln Highway, Malvern. Fenced in, 0.3 acres, shaded.)
- Malvern Memorial Park (401-499 Monument Ave, Malvern, PA 19355. Baseball fields, tennis courts, kids playground, and historical markers/info regarding the Revolutionary War.)
- Greentree Park – fenced in, restrooms
- East Goshen Park
- West Goshen Park
- Bell Tavern Park
- Wilson Farm Park – fenced in, all abilities
- Friendship Park
- SMITH the Kids Play Place in the Park
- Municipal Parks of Chester Country (brochure with map)
Parades, festivals, carnivals, concerts, and more:
Arts, Crafts, & Games Websites:
- Knitting and Other Craft Activities For Kids
- Scoops & Smiles – Ice cream shop in Malvern. Open year round. Usually open Tuesdays through Sunday. Serves Nelson’s Ice Cream and homemade water ice. Ice cream flavors are rotated; 20 flavors available daily.
- Rita’s Water Ice
- Costco Food Court- Must be a Costco Member to enter store or food coure. Offers $1.50 hot dog deal (includes all beef hot dog and soda) and a few other selections, including $1 churros and ridiculously large pizza slices for $1.99 each (or a whole pie for $9.95).
- Taqueria El Limon Hiding behind a nondescript storefront is delicious authentic Mexican fare. Complimentary margarita when you dine in. Expanded seating area; they welcome kids.
- Jimmy’s BBQ in Malvern – BYO. Casual and delicious. Pulled pork, chicken, wings, cornbread. Great for takeout.
- Panera: Malvern. One of the few drive-throughs in the area. Located near Wegman’s.
- Christopher’s in Malvern & Wayne. Reservations accepted for parties of 6 and up. Both locations- walk from train and kids eat free on Tuesdays. Good atmosphere for the whole family with local art on display, family-friendly menu, familiar American food, and an extensive wine list and full bar. All wine bottles are half off on Wednesdays. For the Malvern location, parking is available on the street, in the side lot, or in the garage (free).
- Mod Pizza in the Gateway Shopping Center, Wayne. Counter-serve chain with industrial-chic decor known for build-your-own pizza. 30+ toppings. Thin crust.
- Uno Pizzeria & Grill in Exton, Newtown Square, or Oaks. Best known for its thick-crusted Chicago-style pizza; has extensive American menu and kids’ offerings including make-your-own pizza.
- Ruby’s Diner in Suburban Square (Ardmore)- train. 1940’s American diner theme, burgers, fries, milkshakes.
- Chick-Fil-A at (1) Exton Square Mall, Exton; (2) King of Prussia Mall; (3) King of Prussia- this site has a playground and (4) Lionville (Exton)- also has playground. Famous of chicken sandwiches and waffle fries. All locations are closed on Sundays so staff can “rest and worship if they choose.” Kids love the playgrounds; parents can sit and chat.
- Red Robin in Exton – Burgers & fries, salads. Free balloons.
- Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown – Craft brewery. Good kid’s menu and crayons. Game room in the back. Fun atmosphere for the whole family and good beer for Mom & Dad too. Welcomes families: “We derive great satisfaction from watching families with young children grow within the walls of our pub.”
- Jimmy John’s in West Chester – Famous for hot dogs , very casual, family friendly atmosphere
- Barnaby’s in West Chester – Lots of sandwiches & wraps, serves beer. Kids eat free all day Wednesdays & Thursdays.
- The Flying Machine Cafe is located at the Chester County Airport (MQS). Dine in a casual and friendly atmosphere while watching all of the airport activity directly from your dining table.
- Penn’s Table in West Chester – Open for breakfast and lunch only. Affordable options. Great place to watch cars go by.
- Lulu’s Casita in Ardmore – 4000+ square foot space geared toward children aged 0-5. The cafe offers American food staples with a Latino twist. Bilingual storytime (free with paid admission) offered one day a week.
- Ikea in Conshohocken – Kids eat free on Tuesdays (2 free kids meals for each adult). Otherwise kids meals are $2.49 each (drinks extra). Ikea also offers Småland, a play area where potty-trained kids can be left for up to 60 minutes while you shop.
- YMCA Camps
- Camp Arrowhead
- Sandy Hill Farm Camp
- Camps through GVSD
- Patriot Fun Camp
- Tennis Camp
- Soccer Camp
- Turning Pointe, Malvern
- Betsy Daily Dance Studio, Berwyn PA
- ACAC West Chester
- West Chester University Summer Swim Lessons
- Kids Corner is a live, interactive radio show for kids, and a production of WXPN, public radio from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Sunday Milk & Cookies Show at Milkboy Coffee in Ardmore
- The Lego Store
- West Chester Pretzel Factory